Ruhnau Clarke Architects is currently in a growth mode and we are looking for employees who are driven and love a challenge. We currently have positions available in both our offices for intermediate drafter / Designer II. We are architects specializing in K-12 and higher educational facilities, public use projects, medical facilities and retail projects. Ruhnau Clarke Architects offers excellent benefits and compensation commensurate with experience.
Prepares design and construction documents. Requires general knowledge of design development and production of construction documents.
Education: A degree from an accredited university in architecture, interior design, civil engineering or construction management or a degree in CAD drafting from a technical institute is desired. Minimum of three (3) years experience in Revit modeling and AutoCAD drafting of architectural plans preferred.
Communication and Collaboration
- Listen and communicate effectively and professionally.
- Asks questions about assignments when unclear.
- Has working knowledge and understanding for use of Ruhnau Clarke Architects’ equipment and software.
- Coordinate projects with team members and consultants for conflicts and discrepancies.
- Ability to apprise supervisor for status of work.
Supervision and Delegation
- Ability to professionally communicate both verbally and in writing to give assignments to office support staff, consultants and vendors.
- Ability to effectively communicate with supervisor.
- Ability to delegate assignments to support staff and always be respectful.
- Support project leader and/or technical leader and project manager in supervision and delegation of work.
- Participate in office design charettes.
- Proficient in the use of software to support in project design including three dimensional modeling, 2d & 3d. rendering, and presentation material.
- Follow the design intent of graphic and verbal directions during all phases of project.
- Assist in development of project documents during all phases of project.
- Assist in organization and generation of working drawings.
- Demonstrate Revit and AutoCAD competency through the use of advanced commands and software specific tools.
- Possess knowledge of modeling and drawing setup through the use of families, layers, blocks, views, parametric elements and referenced objects.
- Prepare complex plans, elevations and details under guidance of supervisor.
- Assist in all aspects of the plan check process.
- Understand technical terminology of the architectural and construction industry.
- Coordinate drawings with consultant drawings and specifications.
- Apply building code concepts of accessibility, occupant loads, egress, exit widths, fire rated walls and doors, ramps, stairs, and handrails.
- Understanding of basic construction systems of walls, roofs, doors, and windows.
- Support the construction administration phase of a project by assisting in review of submittals, shop drawings, response to RFI's, and preparation of instruction bulletins for changes.
- Be proficient with Ruhnau Clarke Architects’ documentation and office practice systems.
- Assist in preparing instruction bulletins, change orders, RFI responses.
If interested, please complete and submit the following form.