Ruhnau Clarke Architects is currently in a growth mode and we are looking for employees who are driven and love a challenge. We currently have a Quality Assurance / Quality Control position available in our Riverside office. We are architects specializing in K-12, higher educational facilities, public use projects and medical facilities. Ruhnau Clarke Architects offers excellent benefits and compensation commensurate with experience.
The Quality Assurance / Quality Control position’s primary responsibility is to assist with project constructability and review of design documents. Candidates must have technical knowledge of construction documents and current knowledge of building code, ordinances, and accessibility regulations. This position requires a high level of fluency reading plans, specifications, and related documents. Key competencies are initiative, communication, teamwork, and dependability. This position reports to the Principals.
- Education: Architectural degree from an accredited university or equivalent demonstrated proficiency.
- Minimum five (5) years experience in an architectural position with construction industry experience preferred.
- Technical Skills: Autocad, Revit, Blue Beam, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- An architectural license preferred but not required.
- Expertise in design and construction process.
- In depth knowledge of materials, construction techniques, building codes, and coordination of documents including verification of original design intent.
- Fluency reading plans and specifications.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong detailing and waterproofing experience.
- Review and edit drawings and specifications.
- Provide QA/QC of design documents.
- Assist project managers as needed.
- Collaboratively work with all project team members.
- Attend company and industry events including meetings, trainings, workshops, etc
- Represent Firm in a professional manner.
- Other related duties as assigned or needed.
If interested, please complete and submit the following form.