Administration Building and Maintenance Facility Mountain Area Regional Transit Authority
Architecture Planning Agency Coordination Interiors Quality Assurance and Quality Control Construction Administration
Mountain Area Regional Transit Authority MARTA
We have taken the liberty of preparing a conceptual site plan and diagram that illustrates some of our preliminary thoughts and ideas for
the facility. We envision an efficient, practical, and inspired facility that combines maintenance and administrative functions on a single
site that connects staff to the outdoors via shaded outdoor spaces and landscaping.
• We separated the compact site into four major zones: bus and non-revenue vehicle parking, bus maintenance, administration &
operations, and bus washing. Grouping similar activities in the same zone will allow for more efficient operations and less back and
forth travel across the site.
• Vehicle circulation was another primary driving force of site organization. Buses need to easily navigate the site and maneuver
between parking, maintenance, and washing zones. We believe a complete drive-through access can help buses avoid difficult
backups and U-turns on site, making for a safer environment. Bus and staff parking is located in one of the four site zones adjacent to
Sandalwood Drive for easy access on/off the site
• Administrative offices are tucked towards the interior of the site to facilitate supervision of day-to-day operations
• We included shaded outdoor areas for staff use. Landscape buffers add green space and separate the facility from future
developments. Fencing and gates are being proposed at the perimeter of the entire site for safety and security of staff, vehicles, and
• Solar panel carports and Electric Vehicle Charging Stations are provided so the bus fleet can meet the California Air Resources Board
(CARB) mandate of zero emissions for California bus fleets by 2040.